Julie Kent has over 15 years teaching experience in many forms of Yoga and is also a Breath Healer and successfully supports people to heal from Chronic Illness.
A deeply relaxing practice, incorporating Gentle Hatha, Yin, Restorative Yoga, Pranayama (breathing exercises), Meditation, Concentration techniques and Relaxation.
These sessions are suitable for anyone. Each class will be slow paced with variations given and individual attention given if required.
The space will be candle lit, warm and nurturing . The intention behind each session is to support you to move into a deeply relaxed state, physically emotionally and mentally. As well as providing many health benefits (see below).
Spaces are limited so as to provide you with all with individual attention.
I will provide you all with a yoga mat, a bolster and blankets.
Each session will include:
Gentle Hatha – Approximately 50 minutes of each session will focus on Gentle Hatha Yoga. Within this practice we will also incorporate many of the other forms of yoga (explained below), such as Breath Awareness, Pranayama, Visualisation, Concentration and Relaxation.
Pranayama (breathing exercises) – each pranayama technique has a direct influence on the mind, nervous system and body in different ways, some being more relaxing and others being more energising
Laya Yoga – concentration techniques to move energy so as to allow the energy to flow more freely, dissolving any energy blockages
Yin Yoga – Gentle yoga poses that focus on deeper opening/stretching and are held for 3 – 5 minutes
Restorative Yoga – Poses that focus on complete relaxation and are held for 3 – 10 minutes
Relaxation – Techniques that help you move into a deep relaxation
Meditation – In a sitting or lying position, various techniques are practiced to help achieve a calm still state of mind
Raja Yoga – (Yoga of the mind) – mindfulness – awareness of our thoughts/belief systems – tools to help you change/break old patterns of thinking and create new healthy belief systems
Within each class I will explain the effects the yoga postures, breathing exercises and other practices have on your health and wellbeing, such as :
- The health benefits you receive (e.g. blood pressure, hormonal balance, Menstration problems, thyroid, digestive issues, anxiety, fatigue, insomnia etc)
- The beneficial effects on your nervous system. some practices can be very energising and some create relaxation.
- The beneficial effects on your organs and glands.
- The beneficial effects on your energy body. For example some practices have the ability to release any locked in tensions and energy blockages. As we find this release, energy is able to move more freely as well as oxygen rich blood.
- An opportunity to explore your breathing and gain a deeper understanding of just how your breath is connected to your physical , emotional and mental wellbeing.
- Though greater breath awareness and Pranayama we will bring more oxygen into the cells of our body. This supports cellular healing as well as detoxification of the cells.
If you have any queries please feel free to call me on 07797782606 or email me at email@example.com.
WAITING LIST – If you wish to be on the waiting list for a course that is now full, please let me know and I will let you know if a cancellation occurs.
IF COURSES ARE FULLY BOOK – You can still come along to DROP IN CLASSES – if you wish to be on my drop in list please let me know. i will contact you to let you know each week if I have a cancellation and offer you this space – price £15 per class.
Wednesday, beginning 16th June 2021 (for 5 consecutive weeks)
TIME – 9.30am – 11am
Thursday, beginning 17th June 2021 (for 5 consecutive weeks)
TIME – 6.30pm – 8pm
Saturday, beginning 19th June 2021 (for 5 consecutive weeks)
TIME – 10am – 11.30am
PRICE * please see cancellation policy below
Early bird Price – £75 – to be paid before 19th June 2021
If paid after 9th June 2021 – £85
There is a £2 surcharge if you pay via PayPal
LOCATION: Jersey Indoor Bowling, Granville (next to Granville school), St Saviour, JE2 7XB